Assorted Nuts episode 4 – Twice the goodness with Al & Jules
This time we’re talking to Alan Young and Julian Vizard, the Creative Directors and Founders of St Luke’s. This was the first time I’d interviewed more than one person at a time. I think it went OK – but I’ll let you be the judge.
We covered so many topics including:
• Their individual journeys into and through the industry
• The difference between a campaign idea and brand idea
• What advertising used to be and where it is now
• How many truly great brands come from the Chief Executive’s vision
• How data can lead to better work
• The story of how how the agency grew out of Chiat Day
• The importance of being environmentally responsible
• The importance of having a disrespect for the industry
• Their passion for education and mentoring
There are another two episodes left in this little flurry of podcasty goodness.
I hope you’re enjoying them.