The Future of Advertising Podcast: Episode 6
It seems as if I’ve only just released a podcast and here’s another one. You really are a lucky sod, y’know.
This episode is the second of our New York specials. It’s got:
An interview with PSFK’s Piers Fawkes
Where he tells us:
- How PSFK managed to become one of the top 200 blogs
- Why there are less Brits in the US advertising scene now
- The difference between the UK and US advertising industries
- The hot topics to watch
- How technology is helping us to live better lives
- Where real innovation comes from
- How people don’t want brands to get in the way of experiences
- That most brands can see beyond using digital for marketing
- Why smaller brands find it easier to take advantage of technology
- Whether the dash to ‘earned media’ is a good thing
- The importance of being culturally relevant to your audience
Top 5 tips from Ryan Hall, MD of Nice Agency.
(They do brilliant apps for all kinds of device. Most notably they did Channel 4’s 4OD app for the iPad. Lovely!) Here’s a quick summary of his advice:
- Know your competition
- Know your audience
- Define the vision
- Define your roadmap
- Be collaborative
And back to me!
I announce that we’ve got a sponsor. But I don’t tell you who it is. However, I’ll be telling you very soon. It’s great news. And hopefully it means more regular episodes. And access to lots of amazing people. And … and .. and … I’m excited!
Please, please, please give me your feedback. Or just send me an email to say hello. I’d love to hear from you. The address is podcast (at) getadditive (dot) com
More non-podcast-related writings coming very soon. Just sit there and keep hitting refresh for a few days.
If you’ve not subscribed yet, find us on iTunes here.
Or, if you’re not Appled-up, download the episode directly here.