Assorted Nuts episode 5 – tea with Tony Brignull
What a treat this episode is!
This Assorted Nuts interview features one of the men at the forefront of the advertising industry when it was at it’s creative peak. He’s been out of the industry for over 15 years now – but he’s got some amazing stories.
The man in question is Tony Brignull.
He talks to us about:
• His meandering journey to CDP – including a year writing poetry and another period becoming an excellent darts player
• The process that made CDP so good at what they did
• Starting his university education after his career in advertising ended – and getting a masters degree in English
• Why he thinks the standard of writing has plummeted in the industry
• That he uses Ad Blocker to get rid of banner ads!
• Why he believes planners should report into the creative department rather than the client services department
There’s one more episode in this special mini-series coming tomorrow. And it’s especially apt for tomorrow’s D&AD 50th Anniversary celebration.
Don’t miss it!